Sunday 16 October 2011

MS (Multiple sclerosis), SVT (supraventricular Tachycardia) and Depression plus other things

People w MS have higher rates of depression than those who dont.

Depression is both a precursor and a result of Ventricular Tachycardia.  And depression of the clinical  kind means 4 times more likley to be have a tachycardia event than if not clinically depressed.

I cant help feeling Im F^^&ked.!!??

I am having more trouble accepting this SVT dx and follow up than I did with being told in 2003 that I had a suspected brain tumour that turned out 4 months later to be an MS lesion. The change from incorrect pysch dx, incorrect migraine dx to possible brain tumour, to intial MS dx, to a provisional to a probable to actual after rediagnosis between 1995-2006-was gruelling but at least it was over time. This event? Whacked hard and quickly. And Ive had it for a while but put the dizziness, eye blurring, headache, tight throat down to MS. Just like Id put the sharp jabbing in the rib area to intercostal spasm common in MS just to find its gall stones.

Im trying to get my head around the fact everything is so connected.
MS for me means lowered immue system which means constantly below par with a myriad of MS symptoms (ranging from numbness to extreme pins and needles, balance issues, eyes blurring, swallowing probs, referred pain and chronic fatigue)
plus colds, viruses, chronic sinus infection, gastroentrinitis, skin infections.

 I struggle with obesity because of meds and   mobility thanks to MS  in the left side of my body and ostearthritis in my right leg. (For which I have had a very successful knee replacement but there is no such thing as an ankle replacement).  I have no resistance. Im having to fight physicially and emotionally to keep head above waters.  Every day. It seems it all comes back to atttitude, diet, choices of friends and connection, good family and friend support, community involvement, stress reduction (meditation, excercise for me, music), hobbies (stamp collecting, photography, genealogy), sleep, having meaning in life, postivity...

F&()(k. Im going to bed. Hope sleep comes.

I am incredibly prvileged with my life. I work for myself, I have an amazing partner of 16 years, I live in my otaki haven, I have the most amazing community, my heath care providers are top notch, I have oodles of friends, my siblings have become my friends, I am professionally repsected, I am musically talented, I have a spiritual faith and..........

I am completely and utterly overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment